Everyday Safety measuresUpdatedThursday March 4, 2021 bySuzanne Lucien.
Simple steps to take and make part of your everyday routine:
* Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Use Alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
* When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. You can also cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
* Throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
* Avoid sharing drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, dishes, towels or other items. Wash these items thoroughly with soap and water after use.
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick whenever possible.
* Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.
* Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.